Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's only the beginning.

Maybe we should dedicate this blog to my good friend Amber Montgomery because it was directly after her wedding after I had reunited with some old college friends that I felt inspired to create this space for moms.  So Amber, we salute you and thank you for bringing us all together again.

My name is Lori Stokes.  I am a mother of a 19-month old boy who name is Jack and wife to my most wonderful and patient husband Matthew.  These boys, and my dogs, Frederick and Winston (who get in various troubles from time to time) are most of the reason I wake each morning.  And the obvious gap is filled by Jesus Christ, my creator and savior.  Without the resurrection, this life I have wouldn’t be worth living.


It’s always been a struggle of mine to keep up with anything in particular.  Whether that is cleaning, cooking, coupon clipping, exercising, reading, writing..etc. , I seem to have trouble following through on ideas and initial actions.  This struggle has always kept me in a mediocre sort of place in life and well, frankly, I ‘m ready to move past that.  Since I know I cannot go down this road alone I have acquired the minds and computers (indirectly, I’m not stealing anything from anyone ;)…to help create a space where we can all contribute thoughts, ideas, dreams..but most importantly a place where each of us can come to day after day (or week after week) and be inspired, encouraged, and lifted up.  The choices God has given us we know have no effect on our eternal standing but they can make a big difference in our daily lives and the emotional roller coaster that we moms seem to face daily.  So..this is an experiment..it may fail and ultimately it does not matter, but while we have this moment, this breath that we call life, let us choose small joys and victories and celebrate with our friends the gifts of family, of creation and time.

I will let each woman introduce herself with her initial blog.  Please enjoy the recipes, ideas, cleaning tips, etc. that each person has to offer…and if you want, contribute some of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment